Monday, December 28, 2009

This is actually quite normal


This was taken at the teacher dinner after my school talent show. I post it because it really does accurately reflect what I deal with on a day to day basis. Maybe slightly extreme, but only slightly.

Dialog:

Biology teacher (BT): Ellie [previous female ETA from two years ago]
History teacher: mumbling my name
BT: You!
Me: Oh [you should stop now]
HT: Clarinet
Me: Clarinet?
HT: Clarinet.
Me: Did you like it
HT: No, that's not what I meant
Gym Teacher: [I have NO idea, but it's funny!]

4 comments:

  1. I don't know how you figured out what they were saying. I couldn't follow it even with the dialog. Hopefully, you get the correct translation most of the time. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Translation:
    "I didn't know you could play the clarinet so well. It was impressive! I liked it very much and I would like hear you play again."

    ReplyDelete
  3. I could have sworn the gym teacher said n'sync. Showing off those killer dance moves.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, i'm with your mom. i couldn't understand a thing. how's your korean coming?

    ReplyDelete