- My mediocre-at-best cooking skill
- Absence of measuring cups and spoons
- Absence of a temperature gauge on the oven
- Absence of cooking sheets (my mom kept asking if I wanted to fry them)
- Flour laced with rice powder
- And, best of all, two excited boys insisting on helping every step of the way
The weekend was pretty eventful after the wedding. The dinner bibimbop with my mom and her friends actually turned out to be quite a wild party. Those Lions Club women know how to have a good time. And since I was the special new person, the ahjumma of the group insisted I drink with her with every shot. Don't let her age fool you, she had my head swimming before 7pm. We finished the night with good ol' noraebang. Might I add that none of them actually wanted to sing, but instead wanted on me to sing. Sooooo, yeah. Fun times.
After the wild Lions Club party ended (around 9pm) I went to bed. Sunday was spent in Suncheon with the other English teachers. We went and saw "9." Interesting movie; very action-packed, dark and (thankfully) not dubbed in Korean. I came home, had some dinner and began my cooking quest. Now I'm off to play a few hands of card games with Oh-chahn before lesson-planning like a fiend. Hope you enjoyed the update!